Tasmania Photo Tour 2018 – Fully Booked
- Dates. 16th – 25th March 2018
- 9 Full days on tour.
- Guided by Adam Monk & Paul Hoelen.
- Maximum of 8 participants.
- Fully Booked for 2018
9 full days of experiencing and photographing the wonders of the North West corner of Tasmania with the guidance of two highly experienced professional photographers.
One of the last great true wilderness regions of the world, the North West corner of Tasmania especially the Tarkine, is an exquisite example of temperate rainforest, crazy windswept coastline and snowcapped mountains. It’s a true wonderland for landscape photography.
Tour Highlights at a Glance
- Dedicated photography tour.
- Tour Price: AU$4,650 Twin Share.
- Single Supplement available (See below for details).
- Tour begins and ends in Launceston, Tasmania.
- 9 full days on tour in Tasmania.
- Small group size of just 8 People – 2 spots remain.
- All your meals on Tour.
- Travel in comfortable spacious vehicles.
- Spectacular wilderness locations, in the best light
- Highly experienced guides.
- Photo Tuition from 2 full time professional photographers.
The Tasmanian Wilderness Plan.
Should you go on this Photo tour to Tasmania?
This photo tour is for anyone with a keen interest in photography and a love of adventure. It doesn’t matter if you are a seasoned professional or a complete beginner, all levels of photographer are welcomed, in fact the diverse experience of the group is an integral part of what makes it so much fun. Our group size is small with a maximum of just 8 participants, so you are always assured of personal interaction and tuition, whatever your needs. Most evenings after dinner we will get together to discuss the days events and talk about photography topics as diverse as camera functionality, low light photography and Depth of Field, to downloading images, key-wording and post processing. There is nothing quite like travelling with a small group of like minded people to really speed up the learning process.
This tour will take us through the true Tasmanian wilderness, through remote and untamed terrain. It is not a trekking tour, and we will be sleeping in comfortable beds and having hot showers, however, a basic level of walking fitness is essential. You will need the ability to negotiate uneven ground while carrying your own camera gear. We have many scenic walks planned that are remote and spectacular, so a love of the World’s wild places is essential. If you have any doubts or questions please feel free to give me a call to discuss them on 0415 854 179 or email email@example.com
Fully Booked for 2018.
Your Camera Gear.
There is really no limit to what camera gear you take other than your ability to carry it. Everything from Digital SLRs, professional and consumer, simple point and shoot cameras, even medium format digital and film. Whatever level of camera equipment you have, we will ensure you get the most out of it. After you sign up for the tour we will send out a detailed recommended gear and packing list, and we are very happy to discuss the camera gear you have and how to best make it work for you.
No Hidden Extras.
There are no hidden extras on these tours, no meals that are not covered or nights you have to find your own Hotel. This tour begins and ends in Launceston, Tasmania, so you just have to make your way there and back home at the end. In Launceston we have included the first night at the Hotel so we can all meet there the night before we head off on the adventure the next day. The only extras are alcohol and any snacks you may want to buy along the way.
The Important Details.
- Dates for 2018: March 16th – 25th 2018, 9 full days in Tasmania.
- Tour Price: AU$4,650 Twin Share.
- Single Supplement: AU$1,400 per person.
- Limited to just 8 people – Fully Booked for 2018
** The tour price is twin share rooms all the way. If you’re booking with a friend or as a couple please make sure you notify us so we put you in rooms together.
- All accomodation, including first night in Launceston 16/3 to last night 24/3.
- Accomodation is all hotels and cabins, not camping.
- All meals from breakfast 17/3 to lunch 25/3 (no dinner 16/3).
- Full 9 days in Tasmania with all land content included.
- All transportation on tour.
- Extensive Photo tuition & workshops from two professional photographers (Paul & Adam).
- Photography Notes, Lightroom Notes & LR Catalogue, along with post production tuition.
- All National Park entry fees.
- Paul & Adam will be shooting too, but our priority is you.
What’s Not Included
- Your transport to and from Launceston
- Evening meal in Launceston first night (day of arrival).
- Travel insurance (required as a condition of booking).
- Camera Insurance.
- Alcohol and extra beverages.
- Any extra snacks you may wish to buy along the way.
Your Photo Guides – Adam Monk
Adam is an award winning landscape and travel photographer with a longstanding passion for the natural environment. He has been travelling and photographing the worlds wild places for over 25 years and the enthusiasm just continues to grow. Adam has been based out of his own landscape photography gallery in the port city of Fremantle Western Australia for the last 13 years and his images can be found in numerous private and corporate collections all over the world. For the last 10 years Adam has been organising and running photography workshops and photography tours to some of the worlds wild and beautiful places such as The Kimberley, Cambodia, Iceland, Greenland, Japan, Bhutan, and Tasmania. To date he has organised and run more than 20 dedicated photography tours.
Your Photo Guides – Paul Hoelen
Originally born in New Zealand to a Dutch Sailor and an American Nun, Paul has managed to put his four passports to excellent use before eventually settling on the beautiful, wild island of Tasmania. Paul is a Master of Photography in the AIPP and Fellow of the NZIPP, he has won many awards and judges regularly at a state, national and international level, runs photo workshops worldwide and writes for numerous magazines. Self taught, travel hungry and with a healthy thirst for adventure he thrives on the challenge and freshness of shooting a wide diversity of genres ranging from fine art nudes, landscapes, and large-scale event photography through to fashion, travel, documentary and environmental portraiture – though he’s most renowned for his exquisite landscape imagery. Amongst his many talents, Paul has worked as a wilderness guide in some of the most remote parts of Tasmania for some years.
Rather than putting reviews on my web page, which of course is very biased, I have a page on Trip Advisor where some of my past participants have put their own reviews. Read the Trip Advisor reviews Here>>