The Contemporary Landscape
I am taking a break from running this workshop currently to focus on some other exciting projects. Send me an email if you would like further information on pending dates: email@example.com
A one day photography workshop about realising the creative possibilities of your camera to capture the those magical landscape locations. Including a hands on twilight shoot in one of the beautiful scenic spots around Perth.
- Course is run by SHOOT Photography, 232 Stirling St, Perth.
- Includes All tuition
- Afternoon tea or coffee
- Comprehensive course notes
- In a fully Air-conditioned specialised Photo teaching Room
- Easy all day parking out front
Course Content at a glance…
- Seeing The Light, and capturing it.
- The best lenses for landscape.
- Fundamentals of perfect exposure.
- Camera settings for landscape photography.
- Using the different metering modes, and when to change.
- Interpreting the histogram, what is it really showing you?
- Focusing. To hyperfocal or not to hyperfocal… or should the camera decide?
- Selecting a Tripod and head and how to use them for best results.
- Important camera settings for tripod use.
- Depth of Field, how to control it.
- Composition for landscape, the rules and breaking them.
- Subjects for great landscape images and what to look for.
- Many different examples of landscape compositions and why they work.
- Digital Image Panoramic Stitching, getting results that always work.
- Setting up and using a Panoramic tripod head.
- The secret life of HDR. HDR that doesn’t look like HDR – How to make it really work for you.
Bring your camera, lenses and tripod – we’ll all be going on a shoot where Adam will show you how it all comes together.
Who Should take this Landscape Photography course?
Anyone with a passion for landscape photography who has a good basic understanding of photography skills and knows the basic functionality of their camera.
Adam Monk is the guy teaching this workshop…
Landscape Photographer Adam Monk, based in Fremantle Western Australia, has been camping and hiking since he was young and has always loved the wild untouched places, both here in Australia and in his travels overseas to other countries.
Photography seemed like a natural next step, to be able to bring some of these beautiful Naked Landscapes back home, to show and inspire others. Adam has been taking photographs of one sort or another since he was about 12 years old and after returning from a huge 12 month trip through the US and Central America in 1994 (with a Canon F1 camera), he had a major direction change and decided to make his hobby a profession. He now runs a successful gallery in Fremantle and has been touring, teaching and inspiring others for more than 20 years.