Cambodia Photo Workshop
- I am not sure when I will be running this workshop again, I have run into beuracratic issues with the who control the ruins at Ankhor. I am still working on it though, and have good reasons for hope for the future. So if you are interested send me an email firstname.lastname@example.org
Workshop Highlights at a Glance.
- 7 Days in Siem Reap
- The most incredible ruins you will ever see.
- Small group of 10 people (maximum)
- Experienced Khmer guides
- The most spectacular locations in the best light.
- All the hidden locations you would never find.
Ancient Temples, Saffron Clad Monks, Mysterious Jungle
This Cambodia workshop is very different to any other tours or workshops I run, we will be staying in one hotel for the duration, so it’s more of a workshop than a tour. Siem Reap and especially the Angkor ruins deserve a whole dedicated workshop all to themselves, so that’s what’s planned. A one week intensive photo workshop in Siem Reap shooting the Angkor historic ruins and surrounding villages and monasteries.
The Angkor complex (as opposed to Angkor Wat, which is one temple) covers over 400 square kilometres and is the biggest work of art I have ever seen, the place really has to be seen to be believed. I love ancient civilisations and ruins, and have seen quite a few from Ancient Greek, Roman and Byzantine in Europe, to Jungle covered Mayan ruins in Mexico and Guatemala. Angkor will ruin you for all the others, it’s that spectacular.
The General Plan
Angkor is the most spectacular ruin I have ever seen, by far. Every square centimetre is a priceless work of art! But, it gets nearly 3.5 million visitors each year, so if you are there with the wrong group at the wrong time it’s like a shopping mall the day before Christmas (See the image to the right)!! This workshop is about avoiding the crowds and getting the best light and more important, getting the best atmosphere to really feel the splendour of the place.
Who should go on this Photographic Workshop in Cambodia
Anyone with a keen interest in photography and a sense of adventure. All levels of photographers are catered for, you don’t have to be a professional to get something out of this photographic workshop. The group size is kept small (maximum of 10 participants) so you are always assured of personal interaction and tuition, whatever your needs. Most days after the morning shoot and breakfast I will be running workshops on topics as diverse as camera functionality, low light photography, Depth of Field to downloading images, key-wording and post processing, depending on the needs and desires of the group. We will also look at slide shows of your images for a bit of friendly group critiquing and compare and contrast, it’s quite an eye opener to see what others have made of the same location and the amazing variation in images. It allows us all to broaden our styles and see the world in different ways, that way we all learn from each other.
Siem Reap and Angkor are situated in the jungles of Cambodia, so the weather is very warm and humid. The ruins at Angkor have a lot of stairs, so a basic level of walking fitness is essential, but this is not a hiking workshop so nothing extreme will be required of you. If you are able to walk around town at home you will be fine. The main concern in places like Cambodia is to have loose light clothing, a good quality wide brimmed hat (which you can buy there) and drink loads of water.
There is really no limit to what camera gear you take other than your ability to carry it. I cater for Digital SLRs, professional and consumer, simple point and shoot cameras, even medium format digital and film. Whatever level of camera equipment you have, I will help to ensure you get the most out of it.
Small Group Size
We will have our own highly experienced Khmer guides, who are also very keen photographers to get us to where we need to be. This workshop has a maximum group size of 10 people (Tour requires a minimum of 8 to run). From personal group interactions, to hotel bookings and festivals, small groups work best. Many people forge real friendships on my photographic tours and workshops, and this always works better when the group is small.
Dates – Workshop Cost – Single Supplement
- I will be running this Ancient Angkor Temples Photography workshop again in 2018. To express your interest in this workshop, call Adam on 0415 854 179 (International +61 415 854 179) or email email@example.com
- Prices will be advised when all details are set.
- All transportation and accommodation in Siem Reap.
- All entry permits to sites and temples.
- Most of your meals.
- All photographic tuition and workshops for duration of the tour.
- Extensive photographic notes to help you remember all you have learnt.
What’s Not Included
- Flights to and from Siem Reap.
- Travel insurance (required as condition of booking).
- Camera Insurance.
- Alcohol and extra beverages.
- Any extras you may wish to buy along the way.
- Tips for guides and staff along the way (For local guides, I don’t accept tips)
I will be running this Ancient Angkor Temples Photography workshop again in 2019. To express your interest in this workshop, call Adam on 0415 854 179 (International +61 415 854 179) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Rather than putting reviews on my web page, which of course is very biased, I have a page on Trip Advisor where some of my past participants have put their own reviews. Read the Trip Advisor reviews Here>>